Saturday 4 June 2016

Purple Delphinium card

Good afternoon friends, glad to report it's
a bit warmer today. Hoping Summer has
returned at last!
 
 
Here is my usual 'Less is More' card,
it's a colour theme this week and......
 
 
PURPLE
 
 
As purple is one of my favourite colours,
(along with blues and pinks) I was very
 happy. I went for a watercolour look
once again.


As I couldn't find the right stamp, I
decided to be brave and just paint my
own flower. I think we should all be
brave and just 'go for it' sometimes,
don't you agree?


I loosely....very loosely lol painted a
Delphinium type flower. I added a
few dots and strokes and job done ;)
 
 
Enjoy your weekend whatever you
 have planned ;)


ps. I am still trying to catch up with
jobs since being away. Plants to
sort, floors to wash, just had to make
my LIM card first today though ;)
Now to do that and bake a rhubarb
 crumble too.


Busy next weekend as it's our
granddaughter's 1st birthday (how time
 has flown) and also our daughter's birthday
 the day before.
 
 
So I am planning a big family party,
I have a super choc cherry trifle planned
and also a cake of course ;)






LIM, CAS, Purple, Flower










White Linen card
Watercolour card
TH Distress inks
Versafine Onyx black ink
Avery Elle frame die
AltENew sentiment stamp
Neat & Tangled sequins
Tombow green pen
Letraset Fineliner pen black 
Watercolour brush pen
Multi medium matte glue



27 comments:

Kathyk said...

LOVE your smooshy watercolour effects

Kathyk

Maria Valente said...

Love that watercolour affect! It makes such an elegant card!
Hugs

Esther said...

Viv, I can't believe you painted that gorgeous delphinium - WOW! It's beautiful and the card has such a lovely feel to it, very soft and dreamy. A massive well done! x

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Mmmmmm! Another jaw dropping watercolour masterpiece Viv. Super interpretation of the purple theme. Hope you have great fun with your granddaughter's party next week. Thanks so much for joining us at Less is More.
Sharon xx

Kate said...

Gorgeous!! Your hand-painted flowers are beautiful!

Hope you enjoyed the rhubarb crumble! I've done nothing with rhubarb yet this year but 'tis the season!

Gibmiss said...

Gorgeous card Viv... Stunning... and a new Header...
Hugs Sylvie x

Rosemary said...

totally gorgeous, viv... in absolute awe of your "hand-painted" flowers!!

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...this is so pretty! Love your fabulous purple posies.

Christine L said...

WOW Viv....... that is so fabulous - I really am impressed at your freestyle painted flower - you're very talented!

And mmmmmmmmm...... that trifle sounds yummy!

Hugs
Christine x

Lexxie said...

Truly unique and beautifully painted,
Sarita x

Gerrina said...

Your painted flower looks beautifully! (Like you see through your eyes on a very hot day) And glad to read that it is sunny overthere aswell! Today it is going to be 28 degrees here... so all doors and windows closed and in between being lazy with a book enjoying the sun I will be baking a cake and do some last gardening... Sounds like a yummie party! Wish you sunshine today!

maria f. said...

You painted that? You're a rock star!

Jan said...

Beautiful card Viv xx Jan

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, enjoy your party Debbs x

Nataliascraft said...

Such a gorgeous card Viv, love the way you painted your flowers and the details. You are very talented. Sounds like you are very busy.
Happy 1st birthday to your granddaughter! x

AlisonC said...

I'm extreeemly impressed. It's very beautiful. If I thought I could produce this I would be brave and go for it. The reason I love stamps is that they allow me to be artistic without the talent.

Anne said...

OMG Viv what an amazing piece of art!! Stunning painting. Hope the birthday celebration was fun
Thanks so much for joining us this week
Anne
"Less is More"

Unknown said...

Wow VIv this is so pretty! Stunning! Love it! :-) xx

Sazzle Dazzle said...

You are so talented Viv - this is absolutely beautiful. Dreamy watercoloured sophistication. It's a watercolour fortnight at AAA Cards so you may want to link up there too. Thanks for joining us and playing at Less is More this week. Sarah x

Chrissie said...

This is simply gorgeous Viv, you do watercolouring so well!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

lin_ka1 said...

Cudna. Eteryczna, delikatna. Jestem zachwycona, tym bardziej, że akwarela to technika, która podziwiam.
Pozdrawiam
lin

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

SO VERY beautiful, love the delphinium.
Faith
x

Canonbury creations said...

WOW, lost for words Viv! You make painting a flower sound so simple, not!!!!! Mine just end up like muddy puddles. Beautiful card.
Val x

Marianne said...

So pretty. Wish I had the courage to paint my own flowers. Then again, I should probably just try...

Ann said...

Wow, beautiful card.

Geri S said...

Love the beautiful card - can I come for dessert?

Ann said...

Beautiful card Viv, and your own painting? Super stunning!

Pinterest button

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...