Saturday 20 April 2013

Small scale projects

Hi everyone, here is my third post as Guest Designer for
'The Craft Barn'. The theme this week is 'Small scale'. So
I made small cards ( 9 1/2cm x 9cm) with tiny butterflies on, 
also matching little tags and  bookmarks also. I used a citrus
 colour theme this time, nice and Spring like I thought ! Anyway
 come and have a closer look................
See below for special offer details at 'The Craft Barn'
 Special offer for this weekend is 10% off Shrink Plastic
Just enter SHRINK10 at checkout
 
Here they are all together.
 
 
I used the waste card etc. to cover this cocktail box also.

Card, Tag, Bookmark Recipes

Cards
I first made three white card blanks using some texurized card
 to measure 9 1/2 cm x 9 cm and used them tent fold. I stamped a
 large butterfly on a matching piece of card ( approx 7 cm x 6 cm).
 I love how the stamp has writing on to add a bit of interest
 too. I used a Memory Box die to cut some tiny butterflies. I
 stuck four of the largest butterflies to the body of the large butterfly
stamped earlier. I added two smaller butterflies to the middle
 of the other four. The last butterfly I coloured to match the large
 butterfly and stuck that one to the centre of the large butterfly
 stamp. I added a clear gem ( coloured to match using a
 Promarker pen),..... handy tip. I used small 3d pads to stick the
 butterfly topper to the main card. I used three nice bright
Spring coloured inks to make three matching little cards.
 I am so temped to make three more now....blue...pink.... lilac !
Tags
 I first printed a few sentiments onto some white texturized card.
 I then cut it to (8 cm x 2 cm) and used a corner rounder to round
 off the edges. I sponged some ink to add a bit of distressing
 to the edges. I punched a small hole for the ribbon and stuck a tiny
butterfly to the tag ( after first colouring using more  ink to match). 
I coloured some narrow satin ribbon ( using same method as  when
 colouring the gem) and added that to the tag. I made three tiny
 tags in all to match the cards.
Bookmarks
I used three of the smaller butterfly stamps ( from same set as
 the large one used earlier) to stamp on to a piece of white
 card (13 cm x 4 cm.)  I stamped a sentiment from the same butterfly
 set also. I rounded the corners again then inked the edges.
 I punched a hole and added some matching ribbon ,( coloured to match) .

I like the fact that you can have a card, a matching tag for a
 gift and even a bookmark as the gift itself maybe :)

White texured card
Memory Box 'Butterfly delights'
Stamps: Woodware  clear stamp set 'Butterfly medley'
Inks Memento (Dandelion,Tangelo,New Sprout, Tuxedo black)
Glue
 

9 comments:

Sue said...

Such a gorgeous collection Viv. I love the butterflies and the colours are so beautiful.
I hope you have a good weekend
Sue xx

Unknown said...

wow viv what a fab collection of work..all wonderfully perfect love flutterbies gorgeous hugs sassyxx

Christine L said...

These are gorgeous Viv... loving the bright citrus colours... nice and summery!

Hugs
Christine x

Patricia said...

These sweet little cards and bookmarks are stunning, I love the colours

Patricia xxx

Wendy Fraser said...

So pretty and cheerful, love the zesty colours xx

Beccy said...

Great cards and project Viv, really bright, refreshing colours too. I love the little sets you made with the tiny butterflies, they are sweet and would make wonderful gifts.
Cheers,
Beccy

Jackie said...

What a brilliant selection Viv, you have been busy. I love them all but of course the green is my favourite :o)
Jackie xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Brilliant projects, love them ALL

Canonbury creations said...

Ooh I nearly missed this stunning selection Viv, I'm going to pin this for future reference :) Beautiful colours as well. The cocktails sound a good idea too!
Val x

Pinterest button

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...